What is Success?
Success is such a broad notion, with so many aspects, mindsets and definitions. Here is a broad brushstroke look at what I aim for, often imperfectly. These are listed in no particular order.
Simply Successful Secrets
- Be true to yourself. Be sincere. Follow your passion. Follow your dreams.
- Be organised. Set yourself goals. Have a level of routine and structure that works for you.
- Surround yourself with positive, “can do” people. Keep learning. Keep doing.
- Care about yourself and others. Loved ones matter. People matter. You matter.
- Talk to others, and be open to new perspectives, information, ideas and opportunities.
- Keep your sense of humour. Be persistent. Be flexible. Be resilient. Keep things in perspective.
- See the potential in yourself and others. Inspire others and be inspired.
- Enjoy the little things. Work out who and what is important to you in life.
- Be innovative, creative and generous of spirit. Do something crazy once in a while. Laugh a lot.
- Don’t limit yourself. Stretch yourself. Try new things. Be a risk taker.
- Know when to speak up. Know when to back off. Know when to keep quiet. Listen a lot.
- Never regret the things you’ve done – only the things you haven’t tried. Go for it!
Back Up Plan
And, just in case all else fails, keep plenty of chocolate on hand.